Washington D.C. IRA's
IRA’s in Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virignia
Maryland Annuity Resource offers IRA’s (Individual Retirement Account) services in Maryland, Washington D.C. and Virginia.
We believe that an IRA is paramount for any investment portfolio. There are many rules and options like stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and Annuities. We only offer the Annuity versions of these plans because our products have the unique quality of locking in interest when credited. These IRA Annuity account values can not go down. They offer tax deferment, safety of principal, safety on principal, and income for life features.
IRAs allow you to make tax-deferred investments to provide financial security when you retire.
Assess your financial needs
- Where am I, financially? The Roadmap to Saving and Investing (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) can help you evaluate your financial situation.
- What will my Social Security retirement benefit be? Calculate what you can expect as your Social Security retirement benefit.
- How much will I need when I retire? Use the American Savings Education Council (ASEC)calculator to estimate what you’ll need.
- The Department of Labor website also has retirement planning information.
Set up your IRA
- What kind of IRA best suits my needs? Traditional IRA or Roth IRA?
- Traditional vs. Roth IRA comparison chart
- You can set up an IRA with a:
- bank or other financial institution
- life insurance company
- mutual fund
Investing your IRA assets
- The IRS can’t give advice about specific investments. See The IRS Does Not Approve IRA Investments (Publication 3125)
- Some kinds of investments are not allowed in an IRA. See IRA FAQs – Investments
- Investing and Diversification resources from the Department of Labor can get you started on investing for your future.
- See Individual Retirement Arrangements (IRAs) (Publication 590) for detailed information on IRAs and IRA transactions.